Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Should I be worried?

It's just a few more days til I get on a train to see my sister and niece in Florida. Preparation for the trip has been going well and the list of remaining things to do is dwindling. The van's in as good a state of repair as it's ever been - though I still need to find out why the temperature gage isn't working and re-center the steering wheel (both too easy to worry about). We've finalized our Cirque preparations: food list, camp list, gear list, ... check, check, check. We had a nice outdoor training /refresh session on jumaring, aiding, and rescue recently. Gear is all sorted and ready to be packed into the van. Permits have been applied for. I'm so psyched that everyone in the house is getting tired of my whoops of delight. But they're excited, too. We all re-read the Fifty Classics description of the Lotus Flower Tower and look at pictures of the Cirque - all day long. Super psyched!
Unfortunately, I still don't have my bike together. I decided to change the handlebar set-up to something that will be a lot more comfortable for my damaged wrist but there've been a few complications. The handlebars and stem sizes don't match and the shim hasn't shown up yet and I managed to break a bolt in the stem, which I'll hopefully extract and re-tap today. I also feel like it'd be good to re-inforce the bottom of the trailer. Its sidewalls disintegrated in the AZ heat last year and I'm worried that the bottom will during the trip. I'm thinking of screwing on some leftover showerboard as a skid plate - sounds cool, huh?!

On the food front, we tricked Quinn into cooking last night while we watched Butler get whooped by UConn in the worst championship performance I've ever seen. She made some super-yummy pasta and banana bread. I'd made chocolate chip cookies in the morning and plan to try a bold new recipe today: oatmeal scotchie cheesecake cookie bars!

No comments:

Post a Comment